To Complete Your LIHEAP Application
March 18, 2020
In order to complete your LIHEAP application, the following steps must be completed.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic affecting our nation, MCCA is unable to meet with customers face-to-face at this time to provide utility assistance through the LIHEAP program. All required documents must be submitted in order to complete your application. The LIHEAP program will continue taking LIHEAP applications until funds or exhausted or no later than June 30, 2021.
All applications take up to 60 days to process once entered. The LIHEAP Program can never guarantee to stop or beat a threat for disconnection.
Please note, due to the amount of applications being received, we are roughly 6 weeks behind on entry. With that being said, an intake worker may need to contact you once your application is entered in the system to request updated income documentation. Accurate income must be reported, as our systems are linked with the State Income Verification system and if income is found after your application is entered, that was not reported, will cause your application to be immediately denied.
Download Signature Page Here
- Completed Universal Signature Form
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Government Issued Photo ID’s for all household members aged 18+
- All GROSS income for all household members for 30 days prior to the application
- Current utility bills. At this time, the LIHEAP program is only able to assist with Gas and Electric services.
Applications can be submitted by any of the following methods:
McLean County - You may come to the office, located at 1301 W. Washington Street, Bloomington, IL 61701, ring the bell on the brick wall or knock on the door to have someone make copies of your documentation. You must have a mask on in order to have your copies made. No one can come in the building for any reason.
Livingston County - You may come to the office, located at 320 W. Madison St, Pontiac, IL 61764, ring the bell on the brick wall or knock on the door to have someone make copies of your documentation. You must have a mask on in order to have your copies made. No one can come in the building for any reason.
McLean County – ATTN LIHEAP – 309-828-8811
Livingston County – ATTN LIHEAP – 815-844-5896
Illinois.gov secure file link transfer:
- Checkmark the box to acknowledge the warning
- Recipient email addresses – YOU MUST ENTER ALL 3
- Your email address
- Attach (do not paste into the message body) your required documents
- Subject – INTER-OFFICE FILE TRANSFER- LIHEAP APPLICATION
- Message body: Please type in your phone number, if you rent and how much you pay a month and if your household receives Snap/Medicaid/Medicare
Office drop off: DO NOT DROP OFF ORIGINALS – ONLY COPIES – There are secured lock boxes outside each office for sealed envelopes to be placed in containing your documents
McLean County – 1301 W. Washington St, Bloomington, IL 61701
Livingston County – 320 W. Madison St, Pontiac, IL 61764
McLean County – MCCA, c/o LIHEAP, 1301 W. Washington St, Bloomington, IL 61701
Livingston County – MCCA, c/o LIHEAP, 320 W. Madison St, Pontiac, IL 61764