Thank You For Joining Us
During Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Please visit our Facebook page to view photos and social media posts from the month!
Use the #StandUpWithMe to show your support.
Contact Neville House/Countering Domestic Violence
24 Hour Hotline At (309) 827-7070
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) evolved from the “Day of Unity” in October 1981 observed by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. The intent was to connect advocates across the nation who were working to end violence against women and their children. The Day of Unity soon became an entire week devoted to a range of activities conducted at the local, state, and national levels. The activities conducted were as varied and diverse as the program sponsors but had common themes: mourning those who have died because of domestic violence, celebrating those who have survived, and connecting those who work to end violence.
Tune Into Our WJBC Interview - October 1st
- Kick off Domestic Violence Awareness Month with MCCA's monthly WJBC interview.
- Listen in to WJBC AM 1230 on Thursday, October 1st at 11:30 A.M.
Virtual Candle Light Vigil - October 15th
- MCCA will be holding a virtual candle light vigil for survivors on Thursday, October 15th
from 7 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. Survivors can call (309) 828-8913 to RSVP.
7th Annual Drive Out Domestic Violence Golf Outing - CANCELED
- Join us for the 7th Annual Drive Out Domestic Violence Golf Outing benefitting MCCA's Neville House & Countering Domestic Violence Services.
Trauma Informed Court Practices Webinar- October 29th
- Trauma behaviors and patterns can be present during court proceedings for domestic violence survivors. Please join us for a lunch time webinar to learn how trauma may show up during court proceedings for trauma survivors and the role you can play.
Children’s Home and Aid Activities
To register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is It Safe To Come Out And Play? Young Children And Violence
- October 5th Starting at Noon
- Adverse Childhood Experiences And Protective factors: Balancing The Scales
- October 14th Starting at Noon
- Understanding Domestic Violence
- October 23rd Starting at Noon
Other Ways To Show Support
Wear Purple Wednesdays
- Wear purple on Wednesdays during the month of October and post it on social media with #standupwithme
Post A Picture
- Post a picture of what it means to be an ally, advocate, or survivor of domestic violence on social media with #standupwithme
Beauty Brands 2020 End Abuse Program - September 28th to November 1st
- Please visit 311 A S Veterans Parkway Normal, IL 61761 or call (309) 452-8427 to particapate or learn more!
- From September 28th to November 1, 2020 Beauty Brands will donate 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of every Kenra Professional Perfect Medium Spray 13 hairspray to Neville House.
- During the End Abuse campaign, the popular Kenra Professional product will be sold for the special price of $10.98 (regular retail is $17.99).
- Beauty Brands customers also will have the opportunity to add a monetary donation to their total purchase to directly support Neville House.
Make A Donation To Neville House/Countering Domestic Violence Services
Quick Guide Resources
Click On Each Picture To Read More
What Is Domestic Violence?
Teen Dating Violence
What Is Stalking?
What Is Economic Abuse?
Domestic Violence and Abuse
What is Abuse in Later Life?